Monday, January 21, 2008

Golf at QE2

I'm a pretty useless golfer, so therefore I've always been too scared to go to a "real" golf course for fear of having others laugh at me. But, DILEMMA!, I like golf... so what to do? Where to go?

Well, the answer (in my eyes anyway) is the Ascot Golf Course (now known as QE2 Golf Course, so I see) at (where else) QE2 Park!

Par 3! (i.e. "easy"!) Cheap as chips! (i.e. $12 on a weekend, $10 during the week). Has a bar! (Say no more).

Okay, this ISN'T for kids. I tried to take my 3 year old and 2 year old along with me once - it didn't work so well. I pushed the buggy with the 2 year old in it as well as my golf trundler, and that was okay. But my 3 year old, after the novelty wore off, had had enough at around the 7th hole. Cue a 9 hole game only.

BUT, I've seen lots of older kids playing this course - I reckon anyone from about 10 upwards would really enjoy this.

It normally takes me about 3 hours all up to play 18 holes. The course is really nice with plenty of unexpected wildlife along the way. (Duck! Chicken! Goose!)

Don't have golf clubs? No problems - you can hire them for $10. Don't have the foggiest idea what you're doing? Again, no problems. You can either get tuition, OR you can just remember golfers' etiquette... if people are backed up behind you LET THEM PLAY THROUGH! No-one will really care if you take all day as long as you don't hold them up.


QE2 also has a mini golf course (I haven't yet experienced it, I'll add it to the list) and a Golf Driving Range (actually - this is something the younger kids WILL enjoy. Well, mine do anyway.) I'll be talking about these places later in the year.

No comments: