Saturday, January 12, 2008

What is there to do in Christchurch?

That's the question that a lot of people ask when they come to Christchurch on holiday.

The answer is that there are plenty of things to do in Christchurch. Many of them are well publicised and marketed by the regional tourism organisation, Christchurch and Canterbury Tourism, but there are also plenty of excellent "hidden secrets" that often only the locals know about.

I've lived in Christchurch for 18 years, on and off, and feel like I know quite a bit about what there is to do. In addition, I've spent more than ten years working in the tourism industry - a lot of that was answering the question "What is there to do in Christchurch?"

I've now got young children, aged 5 and 4, and suddenly a whole new world of "family friendly" attractions have caught my eye. I intend to take my kids and give them all a go. In addition, I'll be reviewing each and every one of them on this blog - and I'll be honest in my assessments. If I think it's fantastic, I'm not saying so because someone is paying me to (because they're not!). If I think it's a waste of time and money, I'll let you know.

I'll be labelling each post with relevant keywords, so if you're interested in something that might be suitable for preschool children then click on the preschooler label to find out what I recommend. Likewise, if you're wanting something free, click on the free label.

I hope you enjoy reading this blog, and I hope you end up enjoying your time in Christchurch!

No comments: